Religious Education News
Religious Education at Unitarian Church North will:
- Give your child a safe place in which to discover and develop his or her spiritual and personal identity.
- Invite your child into our sanctuary for intergenerational worship opportunities.
- Teach your child what it means to be a Unitarian Universalist.
- Offer your child a chance to learn about world religions.
- Encourage your child to develop friendships and identity within his or her peer group.
- Offer youth group and social action activities beyond the RE classrooms.
- Give your child an opportunity to learn in a creative environment.
- Promote fun!
Religious Education Curriculum for 2013 - 2014
NEW this year: First Sunday Worship, one service. UCN will revivie a tradition of worship and fellowship on the first Sunday of the month. Children will attend Children's Chapel during the service, followed by games and playtime. We hope this will become a time of fun and fellowship for all ages.
Our Middle School group, 6th, 7th and 8th graders will particpate in the popular Neighboring Faiths Curriculum. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn and visit other communities of faith.
Our Senior High group will work with Popcorn Theology, a movie-based curriculum that uses popular films to discuss moral and spiritual issues.