Registration Is Here. To register online go to http://bit.ly/ucnregistration You will have the option to pay on Eventbrite or write a check with RE REG in the memo line. If you write a check, be sure to send it to the attention of Jackee O. If you don’t have children or youth to register, you can still support RE with a donation on the Eventbrite site or by check. See Jackee for more details or go to http://bit.ly/pay4re to donate. Here are our programs for children, youth and families so far. ALL are WELCOME. Please feel free to invite others.
- Nursery: At UCN we offer a staffed nursery. Teacher, Constance, offers a supportive, nurturing environment consistent with our UU values. In addition to childcare, she works with infants, toddlers, and other children needing extra support. Educational themes common in the nursery are sharing, caring, and community.
- Soul Matters: Our Multi-Age Classroom starts with a new question each month, “What Does It Mean to be a People of… Expectation (September), Belonging (October), Attention (November), Awe (December), Integrity (January), Resilience (February), Wisdom (March), Liberation (April), Thresholds (May), and Play (June)? These questions guide us through our discussion of stories, science experiments, service projects, art experiences, nature hikes, yoga and meditation and so much more. The class is open to all ages (extra fidgety, young ones may be in Soul Matters part-time and in the nursery). The class takes place during services unless the service is an intergenerational service.
- FLOPP (Faith-Learning Over Ping-Pong): Coming Soon. 2X a month a new program only for the big kids that we are calling (FLOPP) Faith & Learning Over Ping-Pong. We will be having important UU discussions over the same themes the Soul Matters kiddos are using but on a different level and while we are playing ping-pong, sharing goodies, and otherwise engaging in fun, youth-friendly activities.
- Family Ministry Fridays: Once a month we will be having a short, family-friendly worship service, followed by hands-on family fellowship activities. (Our first one will be pumpkin-carving). The worship and the activities will run from 6 to 730 PM with clean-up from 730 to 8. Food will also be provided.
- Modern Families (UU Parenting Group): This group will meet once a month to engage in dialogue about UU parenting today. This group will provide education and support and will be semi-structured with a topic for each session, resources, and then time for deep listening and chalice circle-like conversation. Classes will meet from 6 to 8 pm on Monday evenings. Please list your name if you are interested as well as any topics that you might be interested in talking about with other UU parents.
Please note that other programming will be available to sign up for throughout the year. If you have a suggestion for a social outing, a class, or would like to meet one-on-one to talk about your specific needs, please contact Jackee O or comment on the registration form.
More classes will be coming for adults. Keep an eye out.