- UCN hosts Barn Dance on Oct. 8 October 3, 2016
- UCN marches with UU pride July 1, 2016
- We have a New Website! February 13, 2016
- Unitarian Church North begins series on theological diversity February 7, 2016
- New Adult SE Course: Lifecraft: The Art of Meaning in the Everyday January 31, 2016
I joined UCN because I longed for a community of passionate people, that celebrated diversity of all types and worked to create a more just world for all. I have become much more engaged over the years because the people of UCN inspire me to greatness and Sunday morning feeds my soul, grounds me and energizes my spirit.
Growing up, it bothered me that I was ‘taught’ what to believe and told to memorize and recite those beliefs (Nicene Creed, etc.). It seemed such an inauthentic way to express a person’s deep spiritual beliefs. College exposure to world religions and philosophy reinforced those feelings. At UCN I found a place where I can question and explore freely in community with other seekers who are committed to ethical living.
"I have found in UCN, a church community that supports a moral lifestyle and explores a deeper meaning of faith while promoting diversity as a strength."